Saturday, May 22, 2010

English

As a teacher of English as a second language, I hear quite a few odd things. Some that make no sense whatsoever, some that make you laugh, and some that just leave you with a puzzled look. Here are some examples of definitions and sentences kids have given. Keep in mind they could use a dictionary.
Grumpy: something is nice.
Clumsy: something is not tidy. I hate someone is clumsy.
Vibrant: a thing that move. My mobile vibrat when I was at school.
Trudge: a deep hole. I love to go inside a deep hole.
Shiver: to move the water behind the boat.
Waddle: were we put the boat. I like to waddle the boat.
Toss: plural of toes.
Grumpy: is to made or because something wet. My brother made my room grumpy.
Portrayal: a tall plant that is grown in wet places.
Intimate: in bissness.
Caught: he is warring a nice red and blue caught.
Crept: like a potato that is grown in large quantities.
Float: When the Chinese peopole go to the dead sea they float at the top.
Vacant: a vacant is a person who workes for help. I saw a vacant in the park.
Sting: something so sticky. There is something stingy over there.
Odd: person that is helping people. This odd is not working anymore because it was fired.

Maybe the real reason it takes me so long to grade is because I spend an hour laughing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment